This post was sent two days ago. Unfortunately, Blogger was down for quite a period of time and this is the first chance I have had to post. I haven't heard from them since this post -- they are most likely now back in Beijing and settling in after their first flight with Madisyn.
************************************************************
Today was a shopping day. Jason and I went to find little miss Diva a drinking cup because she prefers a cup over a sippy cup or bottle. She is very independent and very smart. We didn't have any success in finding her a cup but we found her two pairs of shoes. She really liked shopping for shoes and wanted to try them on as soon as we returned to the hotel room. A shopping buddy for momma!
Since she decided to wake at 5:45am this morning, by 10:30am she was exhausted. I put her down for her nap and Jason went shopping with the other family. He came back with a phonics reading set in Manadrin and English, and a Mongolian dress. It's so sweet.
Later in the afternoon our guide took us shopping to different factories. She took us to the cashmere, jade, milk candy, silk and tons more. Wow, what an experience! I spent lots of money. Then we came home and had dinner. Madisyn had congee -- she tolerated it, but she enjoyed Momma's ceaser salad even more. lol.
Now little miss diva is sleeping and I am doing this. Tomorrow we leave to go back to Beijing. I am having mixed feelings because I can't wait to see the other families, but Madisyn is leaving "her homeland," which makes me a little sad. We will for sure return for a homeland visit.
Loving my daughter's homeland
from Hohhot, Inner Mongolia
Em
No comments:
Post a Comment